Monday, August 20, 2012

birthdays and cabin time

On July 19th my baby brother turned 10.
He got a brand new bike, and we celebrated the day with homemade pizza and cake.

He is such a good boy.

Just a few days later, we celebrated my dad's birthday on the 24th up at the cabin.

We went night fishing and had such a good time on the party barge.
My dad is the kindest most hard-working man I know.
Love you dad.  

And trips up to the cabin wouldn't be near as sweet without this lady's delicious cooking.
She takes such good care of us.

This picture has a story behind it.
About 10 or so years ago, my dad and I were on a four-wheeler ride around Pine Hollow.
We rounded this very corner and I kid you not saw the strangest animal/thing I have ever seen.
It was bonkers.
It looked like a deer/kangaroo/giant rabbit thing.
I'd say it was 5 1/2 to 6 feet tall. 
We stopped. We stared at it. It stared back.
And it turned and hopped away on it's hind legs.  
My dad and I both thought we were seeing things.
People say jackalopes don't exist.
Well this thing looked like a jackalope giant.
To this day. No one. Believes us.
Thank heavens we were together to back up one another.

We swear it happened.
In this very spot.

Later that week we hit up a family reunion dinner in Heber at my great uncle Moroni's barn. 
It was really nice to see family members that we don't see too often.
We took time out to have a serious moment in front of the cows.

The very next weekend we traveled up to the cabin again.
Can't keep us away.
Went fishing, and had a blast.
Nothing better than having two fish on lines at the same time.
The perfect amount of mayhem.

Jackson managed to catch a craw-dad among his many fish.
And we attempted to play crack the egg with Dallin.
We failed.
He is a solid egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment