Monday, March 13, 2017

Finn update

I realized I haven't officially updated on Finn in about 4 months and boy has he changed.
At least I sure think so!

-He is a full blown toddler with an opinion and preference. Tantrums are a daily occurrence. We are working on this one:)

-Climbs on everything and anything and attempts to jump off.  He is quite often successful and we just try our best to keep him alive! He has no fear! His peaks of choice are the toilet, the sink, the counter and the bookshelf in D's den.

-Loves to hide. Sometimes I will just walk by his room and hear a snicker and realize that he is hiding, just waiting for me to find him.  No idea how long he has been waiting for me to stroll by.

-Says: Mama, Dada (the very most), book, ball, hi, go, and hot. Still a ton of gibberish.

-Knows where his eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, ears, hair, hands, belly button and feet are. 

-If we even mention going somewhere or outside, to each other, he is already up and looking for our shoes and bringing them to us.

-Has a fascination with my makeup brushes, chapstick, qtips and toothbrushes.  I have to watch him like a hawk to keep them from all taking a plunge into the toilet.  As of late, I catch him pretending to put chapstick on his lips but in reality he is taking huge bites.

-He will pull out the outlet child covers and go and get our popcorn popper or the vacuum and try to plug them in. So that is comforting.

-Loves movies and books. Laughs during the same parts of Frozen, Moana and Brave.

Loves the snow. Every time I put on his snow pants and he makes the swishing noise when he walks, he cracks up laughing. The world comes to an end when we make him come inside after playing in the snow.

-Finally eating really well. But only when there are no distractions. He still has a hard time slowing down long enough to take a bite of anything. 

-If he can make a mess of something, he will.  I find myself cleaning up messes as he is making another in a different part of the house. 

-Still dances non-stop. If music is on, he is moving in some way.

-Loves nursery. I've been holding my breath for the day he will cry and be upset, but it hasn't come yet! He has been in for a solid 3 months, and adores every bit of it!  Hallelujah!

-He waves goodbye to everyone and everything.  The only way we can get him to leave the park/playground without a meltdown is by waving goodbye and he is set! Can you tell he is a tad spoiled? 

-Can take of his diaper. So there is that. I sat him on the potty the other day and he went. So maybe I should try potty training sooner than I thought? I am such a rookie! I need to look more into it.

-I mentioned toothbrushes earlier, he is die hard obsessed to the point where he kifes ours too.  He would carry it around all day, if I'd let him.

-Says "Aaaahh" after he takes a big drink of water. 

-Toots non-stop and looks at us for a reaction.  Other times he just simply bend over and let one rip and keeps going on with his day like it never happened.

I guarantee I am forgetting things. But those are a couple of updates off the top of my head.

He is still loves the bath.  
D lets him play in the kitchen sink while I am at work.  So really anything to do with water.


I walked in on him sound asleep in the living room the other morning. 



His first day of nursery. He did not even glance back our way. Every time we looked in at him he was dancing or trying to hug someone.


Loves to lounge with his Star Wars blanket. That is his attachment.
I try to wash it once a week. Goes everywhere with him.


Loves to snuggle up with D and watch a movie. Dallin's dream come true. 


Visits to Great-Grandma Phillips.


He loves rides on her walker. 


My mom and dad got him a chair for Christmas and he drags it all over the house for his sitting pleasure.


The snow has his heart.  





He now understands Facetime and loves it.


The last mohawk he ever had. We decide to go different route and said so long to the hawk.


Right after his 2nd big boy haircut.


Thank heavens we don't have a dog. He already throws enough food on the floor.  I know he would have a heyday feeding a dog all of his food. 



Starting to look like such a big boy!



Right after nursery and so happy about it.


He pulled out my selfie-stick the other day and starting cheesing it up.


He loved screaming "Go, go go!" at Ryker's Region swim meet.


Thanks to "Glamma" he was cheering on the winning team during the Super bowl.



Loves when I map his growth :)


His first Valentine from a friend in Nursery.


Playdate with Korie.






Celebrating Glamma's birthday.


His morning ritual of watching a show on my bed.


Grandpa Koski bought him his own hoop for his gym.


3 generations of Koskis playing basketball.

Lately, he is way into holding my hand.


Daily heart attacks when he tries to jump off or balance on something.

His sweet second cousins!

I think that was the longest post of my life. But the catch up was necessary!


No comments:

Post a Comment