Wednesday, February 6, 2013

who needs a snow blower?


Last week when we got snow dumped, D and I found ourselves shoveling constantly.
I'm not going to lie, I kinda enjoyed it.
I took pride in clearing our sidewalks and driveway.

I was walking in the door the other night about the same time Dallin got home from work.
Our doorbell rang and I found a cute little bundled up boy standing on our porch.
He asked for Dallin and I heard the front door close a few minutes later.

I asked D who he was, and he told me it was one of the ten-year-old boys in his primary class.
He usually refers to them as the mischief makers.
I then asked him why he came over and he said that he hired him to shovel our driveway.
I laughed and he was dead serious.
Gosh dang, that little guy worked his guts out for the next hour.
Apparently, he and D prearranged the agreement at church and he promised him 5 bucks.
By the end of it I wanted to give him more, but Dallin assured me that it was enough.

Please bless we don't get in trouble for employing the entire primary. 




3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA. Oh my gosh. I absolutely love this. I told Travis as well and we couldn't stop laughing. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 bucks! That's not even minimum wage! Poor kid... :) Hope you're having fun in your own house with your own yard and your own driveway to shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! esp b/c i've heard of this primary class! $5 for an hour? hahaah sounds like the olden days!

    ReplyDelete