Tuesday, February 16, 2016

7 months


Better late than never. Finn is now 8 months old.
Being late to these updates is going to be a common occurrence, I am afraid.

AGE: 7 months

WEIGHT: 22 lbs. 

HEIGHT: Not sure, we will have to find out in a couple weeks at his doctor's appointment.

SIZE: Still rocking 18-24 month clothing. Still in size 4 diapers.

HAIR: Still on the sparse side. Hopefully he'll take after D and have thick locks. 

EYES: Dark since birth.

SLEEPING: This is still hit and miss. He is FINALLY over his cold, so that has helped a lot! However, we think he is teething....again. Also, he is like a pin ball in his crib. Constantly playing and rolling around like a crazy. So that is pleasant. He likes to karate chop kick the crib itself with all the power he can muster. Too bad they don't make cribs for giants. I am hopeful, he will eventually get back to his sleeping all the way through the night. Fingers and toes crossed.

EATING: He wants everything and anything that we are eating. He starting to really like greek yogurt, chicken, mashed potatoes, and cookied veggies. Still working on fruits. I officially stopped pumping a few weeks ago. When he was about 5 months old, he refused to nurse AT ALL. He would constantly get distracted, even in the darkest rooms. So I exclusively pumped. I was a slave to that monster. It feels so nice to be done. I was sad to say goodbye to nursing but I am glad I was able to do it as long as I did, and to not have any issues. He is doing really well on formula. Life is a lot easier when I am not pumping around the clock. 

MILESTONES: He has a new found love of screaming. Not high-pitched. Not because he is mad. I think it's because he likes to hear himself. He is petrified of the vacuum. Semi nervous about the Kitchen Aid. Quite interested in the blow dryer. He is a champion at sitting and rarely tips over, unless there is something just barely out of his reach. He has four teeth and we think he is working on more. Has his two front bottoms and front tops. So close to crawling. Rocks back and forth. He does a hand dance when he wants something or someone. Sticks out his tongue ever so slightly when he is deeply focused on a toy. Loves to suck and play with all little tags on his stuffed toys. He flies all over the house in his walker. Especially when I leave the room. He does a little gallop walk when we are holding his hands, helping him walk. Recently developed stranger danger. But not really to strangers. I am praying it is just a stage. He just starts crocodile tear crying when people come up to him. Even our family members. He quickly warms up. Dramatic much? He is now sitting in high chairs at restaurants and shopping carts! Now stands up in his crib. Pulls open every drawer and cupboard.

LOVES:
To be tickled. 
His Star Wars blanket we got as a white elephant. Buries his face in it when he is tired. 
To lunge toward edge of the bed and give me a heart attack. 
To watch me brush my teeth. 
Sit with Dad at the computer. 
Toast. 
Watching pets and other kids. 
Stores and restaurants.
To pull down the neck of my shirt. Great when we are in public. 







Grabbed my face and planted a wet one.


 




Star Wars blanket.

Probably the last time we will be using the Baby Bjorn. My back can't take it:)


After math of one of his many blowouts. Not for the faint of heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment