Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cruisin for a bruisin. But not really.

Ages ago, D and I made it a point to plan a trip for just the two of us. 
We've been married for four years now, and have only taken little jaunts here and there. 
We decided to cruise, because really, what's not to love. 

So, a few days after Thanksgiving we flew to Houston and were on our way, aboard the Emerald Princess. 

I've been on two cruises, but Dallin was a newbie to the game. 
He caught on real quick. Eat, sleep, eat, eat some more, and play. 
Not much to it. 

Dallin found a basketball court real quick. 
It was funny when he asked me to play with him. 
Bless his heart. 

Our first stop was Cozumel, Mexico. 
We chose to visit the Mayan Ruins in Tulum. 
Absolutely beautiful. Iguanas everywhere. Those buggers scare the crap out of me. It's probably the tails. 






Iguana peeking out of the window.

It was really cool to learn about the Mayan people. So extremely fascinating. 
And of course the breathtaking ocean behind the ruins didn't hurt. 










All in all. We thoroughly enjoyed the visit. 


The next day, we arrived to Roatan, Hondurus. 
I'm going to sound like a broken record. 
But freak, it was gorgeous. 
We drove through most of the city to an Animal Conservation Park. 
It started pouring. So pictures were limited. 
I left my phone in the locker with all of our stuff and wished so badly I had it with me on our tour. 
We crossed a rickety bridge referred to as the "Indiana Jones" bridge. 
It was thrilling as the rain pelted our faces and we scurried as quickly as we could, over to the other end. 

We were met by a massive toucan that happily bounced from shoulder to shoulder and posed for pictures. 
We then visited with about 10 monkeys. It was so cool to hold and just watch them. 
Those little buggers are smart. 
Two of them had recently had babies that were lovingly attached to their mama's back. 
It was incredible. 

We then hopped over to a near-by beach for lunch and relaxing. 
Dallin enjoyed some shade and I tried to soak up a ray without being burned to a crisp. 


The following day we made it to Belize City, Belize. We had initially planned to do something else on this pit-stop but made some adjustments. We ended up taking a river boat cruise through the Belize River that feeds out into the Carribean Ocean. 
It was beautiful and windy. I had rat's nest hair to prove it. It was worth it and nothing a hat couldn't fix. 

We then stopped for lunch and made our way to another site of Mayan Ruins called Altun Ha. 
They were so different from the ones in Mexico but just as amazing. 






More of a jungle setting and we could climb on them, which was exciting. 
We had an interesting tour group. 
D and I were continually looking at each other with the "Oh no did they just say that?" face. 
But it made it that much more memorable. 




We had an amazing time. 
Treasured the scrump-didily-umptious food. 
I had my fair share of ice cream cones and mock tails and D enjoyed the milkshakes on deck. 


The employees we associated with were outstanding and we can't wait to take another!
Not for quite some time, but we'll make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment