Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Zurich

In mid November, I took an unreal trip of a lifetime to Switzerland and France.
Mike invited me to join him and D lovingly encouraged me to go.
It was an absolute dream.
I've always wanted to travel to Europe but never dreamed it would be at this point in my life.

For journaling and documentation purposes, I need to rehash my quick trip. 

Mike and I left for NYC on November 13th. 
Man oh man does that fella know how to travel!
I mean I'm not a bit surprised he is "elite" or "diamond" status in every travel category, but having the opportunity to travel as his partner in crime was nuh--ice and such a privilege!
I kept calling him a high roller, and he would get so ticked. But it's the honest to goodness truth.
Hello front of the line..
Hello nice airport people..treating you like gold...
Hello bigger airplane seat...and leg room...
Oh and hello sweet hotel room with executive floor goodies at any hour...

I think you catch my drift. 
I was straight up Annie. Mike was Daddy Warbucks.
He would be furious if he knew I said this.

Anyways, we hopped on our 8 hour flight to Switzerland and made it about 10 am their time.

We decided to hit the ground running and fit in as much as we could.


It was breathtaking.
This section of Zurich is referred to as the "Old Town".





If this isn't the best picture of me.. I don't know what is.


Mike posed me on the steps of the Grossmunster Church.
Hand placement included.
There are several very famous churches in Zurich. 
All were absolutely beautiful.

Questionable fountain we happened upon.

We were determined to pick up some chocolate.
Definitely had our faces pressed up against the glass, waiting for the shop to open.

Then we got embarrassed and chose to sit outside, like patient individuals. 




This was the St. Peter's Church.
It had the largest tower clock face in Europe. 
Every turn we took, there was another gorgeous building to stare at for a good half hour.

We took the opportunity to squeeze some toe touches and jumping in.
Mike advised he need to warm up, and to not take any pictures yet.
I did, and gosh I am so glad I did.
On his initial jump he ripped his pants.
Real reaction and oh so candid.

So good.

Hard to compete with that.

But this face has got to be one of my finest.



Mike recovered. We continued to explore. 

Just a hop and a skip from our hotel was the Viadukt.
A series of viaducts with shops underneath each one.

My sad attempt at being a viaduct. 




The last church we found was the Fraumunster.
It was amazing like all the others but those church bells be ringin'.
They were blasting for a good hour while we were there.

I'm sure Mike will enjoy this picture as well.
He had the grand idea to do a face mask our last night.
You know I didn't put up a fight.

With only 2 1/2 days in Zurich, we got to see so much of the city in such a small amount of time.
It was beyond.
I will never forget it.

On to Paris!


1 comment:

  1. Daddy Warbucks' toe touch was definitely Olympic gold material! So worth the rip, I'd say. And that fountain?! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete