Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Disneyland


A few months back, a dear friend of mine from the ward, suggested I join her and her daughter on a trip to Disneyland.
My first thought was yeah right, I can't ditch Dallin and Finn and galavant off to California.
I casually mentioned it to D and he told me to go and have a blast.
Gosh that husband. I need to be more like him. 

We booked the flights and hotel and we were off!
I went with my friend Mindy, her daughter, Halle, and another good friend, Lisa, from the ward.
I quickly realized what seasoned Disney pros they were.
They don't mess around, which was kinda nice. They knew all of the hot spots!

I have no idea what I was doing.

We stayed in the Grand Californian Hotel, and boy was it glorious.
I felt like a queen strolling out of the hotel, straight into California Adventure.
It is going to be hard to go back to walking, shuttling, or parking.
They make everything so dang convenient!

The lobby alone was incredible.

No big deal. Just a giant pumpkin Mickey cake.

I was a child all over again.

They were most excited to show me Cars Land.
I had heard so much about it, but hadn't been back to Disney in ages.
It was also really fun because Finn is into Cars right now. 
So I am SUPER familiar with all of the characters.

Well. It did not disappoint. I absolutely LOVED it!

Mindy and Halle Day.

I sent pictures and videos back to Finn and D said he loved it.
Ha ha. Finn, one day I will take you to Disney:)


Me just awkwardly holding Hal!

It rained a bit on the first day. But I loved it.
The crowds went down and the temperatures were mid 70s the entire time!

 

Cars Land was even better at night! So clever. All of it!

We spent three total days in the Parks. It worked out great. The last day we really just flip flopped and did whatever we wanted to do again.

Mindy promptly sent this to her husband. Classic.

Big Thunder Mountain was awesome! They have changed it up since I last rode it.

Good ol' Pirates. It was different as well.
I loved all of the changes they made.

Before we left on the trip, we booked a reservation at the Blue Bayou, which is the restaurant inside of the Pirates ride. It was so extremely delicious and you truly can't beat that atmosphere.
Holy goodness. I am salivating.

As we were standing in line for Halle to see Minnie, I got the news that my cousin, Garrett, had passed away. It was devastating. My mom almost didn't call me, but I am so glad she did.
I am extremely close with his little sister, Marissa, and all I could think about was her and how she was doing. But I will always remember this moment. Even though it was difficult. His family is such an example of strength and faith and I am so inspired by their testimonies.
The rest of the trip, I pondered a lot on how short life can be and to never take anything or anyone for granted. Love you Schroedters!

Sweet Lisa, made these adorable Halloween Mickey shirts for us to wear at night.
It was fun to see all of the little kids dressed up.

I would. It seemed fitting for Disney. People stared.

The last thing I got to experience for the first time was World of Color.
I was close to tears. It was so amazing! A wonderful way to wrap up such a fun trip!

I guess next time I will take my child:)


No comments:

Post a Comment