I personally think Finn is too young for swim lessons.
However, I wanted him to have a little bit more exposure and some guidelines to follow, when in a pool.
Also, I sort of loved an activity for me and him to have together.
I found some Mommy and Me swim courses at the Herriman Rec Center and enrolled him.
It was just a small course of 4 lessons on Saturday mornings.
We were only able to attend 3/4 but the price could not be beat!
I consider the process a success with a few bumps.
I am pretty sure the 3rd lesson borderline traumatized him.
It was a dunking session, and they kept encouraging us to splash them and dunk them. Quickly of course.
But the swim lesson instructor and Mama in me kept pushing back.
Dangit, I am still mad I didn't listen to my instincts.
He was not harmed in any way, I just think it was too much, too fast, for his age.
Plus other kids crying scared him.
Mom fail. I guess you live and learn? Ah. Slow and Steady always wins the race!
I will be taking the swim lesson reigns from here on out.
I did learn some things to work on with him. I have never taught younger than 4 years old.
He enjoyed it 85% of the time and I sure loved the bonding.
No comments:
Post a Comment